Friday, October 26, 2007

My homemade Fried Rice...

Adam wanted fried rice ( he hates rice almost any rice) so I , like a good wife, decided to make this with the salmon I have been lusting over in my head. So with all that I had in the house and a recipe from www.ehow.com I improvised!

Need:
2 eggs
matchstick carrots
peas
2 cups of long grain rice cooked and chilled (the longer the better!!!)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cloves of minced garlic
1tsp red pepper flakes
cooking oil
cooked cut up meat if you like (pork, shrimp, chicken)
WOK :)

How to do it!
  • Cook your rice
FYI - the 2 cup measurement is POST cooking.
I cooked mine in chicken bullion so it picked up that flavor.
Cook the rice either the night before so it is COMPLETELY cooled prior to frying OR
Cook your rice and then cool it in the freezer for some time...CANNOT be warm!!!
ALSO long grain is the best bc it will not become STICKY like short grain rice will...if you like sticky then disregard this but true fried rice isn't.

  • Saute your onions with minced garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger.
  • We didn't add any veggies/meat bc we dint have it at home- but at this point:
  • Add your veggies and meat and cook for 5 minutes.
  • When rice is "ready" add it to the wok and mix it in
  • Create a circle with your rice mixture and crack open two eggs into the pan...you will want to scramble these in the center and when it looks cooked...integrate in into your rice mixture.
  • Once you have done this you can add the soy sauce and mix...cook rice for a few more minutes and it should be done.
  • During cooking I added some leftover sesame seeds from my salmon (recipe in blog) and that gave it a nice flavor too...
Enjoy!

No comments: